OBXtek is an award winning Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business providing information technology and management services to the federal government. As the prime contractor on over 85% of its work, OBXtek is a leader in its field and has a robust corporate infrastructure that provides support for all of its programs.
OBXtek is currently staffing for a Proposal Technical Writer in our Tysons Corner Headquarters office. The main responsibilities will be to provide writing and editing support for Federal Government proposal activities, manages and updates various databases on proposal related materials, and assists with research and proposal team activities. Individual must be able to work independently and provide support to translate technical requirements into proposal narrative. Must be able to work under strict deadlines.
• Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Business, Public Policy or related field
• Three years of experience as a technical writer performing similar responsibilities for information technology services and/or management consulting business operations
• Familiarity with the Federal acquisition process and layout of solicitation documents
• Exceptional ability to write narratives to meet requirements and English writing mechanic requirements
• Exceptional verbal and presentation skills
• Knowledge of the Shipley process for proposal development
• Experience performing research to support proposal-related work
• Work non-business hours occasionally including nights, holidays and weekends
• Must be able to work as part of a team as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
Exceptional ability to hold professional communications by phone and email to obtain information