OBXtek is an award winning Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business providing information technology and management services to the federal government. As the prime contractor on over 85% of its work, OBXtek is a leader in its field and has a robust corporate infrastructure that provides support for all of its programs.
OBXtek, Inc. is looking for an IT Service Support Engineer at the Veterans Administration Acquisition Academy in Frederick, MD who has an MCSA with Windows 7. The project will support services (tier 1 and 2) to all staff, students, instructors, and visitors for all deployed IT equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Receive service requests and incident reports form a variety of sources. This requires constant monitoring of group emails, ticketing system, telephone and walk up customers. Make sure classroom requests are serviced immediately and all others are dispatched in a timely fashion. Support will also be provided for other technologies deployed in the Academy. This includes but is not limited to thin clients, virtual desktops, printers, VTC equipment, Smartboards, and Crestron touch panels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Will provide first and second-tier support (tier 3 when required) to end users for PC, thin client, server, or mainframe applications and hardware incidents.
* Set up and configure IT equipment for classrooms and conference rooms use to meet identified requirements.
* Interact with various OIT support teams such as network services, server, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
* Recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems or enhance end user experience.
* Enter, update and close all tickets associated with service desk requests.
* Provide all required reports in timely fashion. Reports will be clearly and concisely written.
* Support classroom use of SmartBoards. Provide familiarization/training when required.
* Creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and other user oriented documentation.
* AA Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology or related field) or equivalent experience.
* Microsoft Certified System Administrator for Windows 7 (MCSA)
* Minimum of 1 (up to 5) year in Desktop support experience (tier 1 and 2).
* Extensive knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2010, Visio, Project, Access, and SharePoint, Outlook. Experience should include imaging, software load and configuration, user familiarization and basic troubleshooting.
* Experience working with ITIL based ticketing system.
* Basic understanding of printer server, file server, and Active Directory operations.
* Basic understanding of network fundamentals (router, switch, firewall, VLAN, DHCP, and IP addressing and sub-netting).
* Ability to create clear and concise reports and end user documents.
* Provide basic hardware troubleshooting and diagnostics for desktop, laptop and thin client computers along with associated peripheral equipment.
* Experience with one or more of the following may also be required/desired:
o Video teleconferencing (Tandberg, Jabber, Movi, Live Meeting etc.)
o Live Meeting
o McAfee and Symantec Endpoint Encryption
o VPN clients
o Adobe products (Professional, eLearning Suite, Connect)
o Audio systems
o Crestron touch panels
o Thin client support