OBXtek is an award winning Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business providing information technology and management services to the federal government. As the prime contractor on over 85% of its work, OBXtek is a leader in its field and has a robust corporate infrastructure that provides support for all of its programs.
OBXtek is staffing for a Junior Editor for the National Protection and Program Directorate (NPPD) of the Department of Homeland Security.
The NPPD’s mission is to lead the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the nation’s physical and cyber infrastructure. NPPD includes the Office of the Under Secretary (OUS) and five sub-components: the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C), the Office of infrastructure Protection (IP), the Federal Protective Service (FPS), the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) and the Office of Cyber and Infrastructure Analysis (OCIA), which are headquartered with the National Capital Region (NCR).
The Junior Editor responsibilities include:
• Planning, coordinating, or editing content of material for publication. May review proposals and drafts for possible publication.
• Content management of cleared/final documents on NPPD EA SharePoint sites (including building a repository of past requests/responses)
• Support development and distribution of fact sheets, articles, and web language.
• Support development and distribution of newsletters and announcements describing new programs and initiatives.
• Designing, developing, launching, distributing, and otherwise supporting related external affairs plans and publications as identified by NPPD.
Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience:
o Planning, coordinating, or editing content of material for publication.
o Reviewing drafts for possible publication.
• BA/BS or MA/MS degree.
• Ability to perform functional duties independently