OBXtek Inc. is an established award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. OBXtek is a leader in its field and is committed to identifying, developing, and delivering innovative, mission-focused technical and logistical solutions to over 15 civilian and military partners in the Federal Government.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, we possess a robust corporate infrastructure that provides management oversight and support for all our programs. OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO to create processes that leverage best practices and result in novel, successful solutions.
OBXtek has been tasked by the Department of State (DoS), Bureau of Human Resources (HR) to support the global deployment of the Overseas Personnel System (OPS) with project management, data analysis, and data conversion/clean-up, support services. OPS is one of the core components of the Integrated Personnel Management System (IPMS) which supports the Department and other federal agencies represented abroad in managing their human resources and information assets in a secure and cost-effective manner.
OBXtek is staffing for a Jr. Data Analyst who will provide data analysis, data conversion and data cleanup. The work involves manual cleanup of existing data sets based on a set of given rules and then working with the end user community to validate the data for upload to the new system.
Tasks for this entry level position include:
• The data analysis and data conversion/clean-up services will involve the assessment, preparation, and conversion of position, person, dependent and job data for approximately 60,000 overseas employees and their dependents. There are presently more than 200 distinct and geographically dispersed systems.
• The data in these systems will need to be cleaned and loaded into a centralized system.
Must have and retain a SECRET clearance.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel. Any knowledge of relational databases is a plus.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal guidance.
• A professional demeanor and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
• Prior experience transforming unstructured (or just poorly managed data) into clean relational data following repeatable business logic. That this was done in an academic setting is acceptable.