OBXtek Inc. is an established award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. OBXtek is a leader in its field and is committed to identifying, developing, and delivering innovative, mission-focused technical and logistical solutions to over 15 civilian and military partners in the Federal Government.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, we possess a robust corporate infrastructure that provides management oversight and support for all our programs. OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO to create processes that leverage best practices and result in novel, successful solutions.
OBXtek is staffing for a Journeyman Editor for the National Protection and Program Directorate (NPPD) of the Department of Homeland Security.
The NPPD’s mission is to lead the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the nation’s physical and cyber infrastructure. NPPD includes the Office of the Under Secretary (OUS) and five sub-components: the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C), the Office of infrastructure Protection (IP), the Federal Protective Service (FPS), the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) and the Office of Cyber and Infrastructure Analysis (OCIA), which are headquartered with the National Capital Region (NCR).
The Journeyman Editor responsibilities include:
• Writing/editing memos, developing spreadsheets, filing, copying documents.
• Preparing correspondence, briefs, and reports for review/approval by Senior Officials.
• Taking meeting minutes/notes and providing the same for Governmental approval. Distributing minutes/notes once approved.
• Reviewing, assigning (with approval from Government staff), and prioritizing all incoming correspondence and tasks to NPPD’s offices/subcomponents via the ESTT system, which is an automated SharePoint-based tracking system. Logging and tracking incoming correspondence and tasks and assigning an appropriate due date. Generating reports as needed.
• Interpret and apply the ExecSec process life cycle, to include coordination and clearance processes.
• Ensures compliance with current administrative policies and task requirements, ExecSec guidelines, formats, and procedures; drafts responses to written requests; corrects and completes clearance documentation; and utilizes acceptable style, tone, and timeliness.
• Reviewing/analyzing accuracy of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and clarity of writing for proposed tasker responses.
• Proofreading written materials for typographical, grammatical and format errors; ensuring products are of consistent quality.
• Recommend policy/procedure changes to ExecSec Federal staff resulting in more efficient and effective processes.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience:
Planning, coordinating, or editing content of material for publication.
Reviewing drafts for possible publication.
Ability to perform functional duties independently
BA/BS or MA/MS degree.