OBXtek Inc. is an established award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. OBXtek is a leader in its field and is committed to identifying, developing, and delivering innovative, mission-focused technical and logistical solutions to over 15 civilian and military partners in the Federal Government.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, we possess a robust corporate infrastructure that provides management oversight and support for all our programs. OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO to create processes that leverage best practices and result in novel, successful solutions.
OBXtek is currently staffing for a Writer/Editor with a focus in social media within the IIP which is the Department of State’s (DOS) public diplomacy communications bureau, leading the department’s support for global public diplomacy and engagement with international audiences. The IIP Office of Written Content produces and curates content for distribution to international audiences through print, social media, and electronic media. Staff must possess knowledge of U.S. policy on a variety of subjects and the ability to explain U.S. foreign policy, culture, and values to international audiences.
The Writer/Editor will make writing/editing contributions to the Bureau's ShareAmerica website: https://share.america.gov/.
The individual in this role is required to be a US citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create clear, grammatically correct and engaging editorial content that incorporates text, image, infographic, video and other elements prevalent on mobile, social media, blogging, and other electronic platforms.
* Identify and direct readers to third-party content that achieves bureau objectives.
* Performs basic design chores required for electronic content such as resizing photos and superimposing text on meme-style images.
* Perform background research for articles and other written content, which could include interviews, online searches, attendance at meetings and hearings, and similar reportorial activities.
* Work on tight deadlines through all stages of work: submitting drafts, completed text, and editorial revisions that shall be completed by specific deadlines, as agreed with the supervisor.
* Utilize online platforms and/or content management systems for publishing written work to the Internet.
* Use personal and professional judgment in selecting photographs and other images to complement written articles, drafting captions, and citing sources of images correctly.
* Work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
* Work closely and collaboratively with other members of an editorial team including graphic designers and illustrators.
* Candidate does not need a knowledge of Department of State (DoS) policies
Must be US Citizen and be able to obtain and retain a US DoD Secret Clearance.
5+ years relevant work experience
* Strong social media editing experience
* Strong familiarity with writing and reporting
* Experience writing for military publications preferred
* Excellent, timely, and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
* Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
* Excellent ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
Bachelors Degree; Journalism degree, strongly preferred; more relevant work experience can be substituted for the education requirement