OBXtek Inc. is an established award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. OBXtek is a leader in its field and is committed to identifying, developing, and delivering innovative, mission-focused technical and logistical solutions to over 15 civilian and military partners in the Federal Government.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, and we possess a robust corporate infrastructure that provides management oversight and support for all our programs. OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO to create processes that leverage best practices and result in novel, successful solutions.
OBXtek is currently staffing for a Program Manager for a GSA contract located in the Tysons Headquarters office. Manage large scale 40+ person program involving software development, help desk services, security assessment and authorization (A&A) activities and system security documentation.
* Plans, develops, organizes, coordinates, and manages software development and maintenance and manages information technology (IT) projects.
* Develops and gains approval of project plans; conducts cost benefit analyses and risk assessments; assures that project plans meet functional and technical business objectives.
* Creates and manages project schedules; monitors and reviews project progress; adjusts schedules and plans as necessary; identifies and resolves issues.
* Works with an integrated project team and manages integration across all functional areas to satisfy project requirements; manages project resources; monitors project activities and resources to mitigate risks; implements and maintains quality assurance processes.
* Manages project inquiries and provides project status briefings to internal and external stakeholders; manages customer and internal management expectations relevant to a project.
* Obtains user acceptance of completed products and services.
* Monitors project activities and resources to mitigate risk; implements or maintains quality assurance processes.
* Defines problems, assesses alternatives, and makes decisions regarding issues that stand in the way of successful project completion.
* Enhancing communication among stakeholders, demonstrating exemplary personal communication skills.
* Forms teams; sets milestones; plans meetings; disseminating, tracking, and filing project documentation.
* Performs cost estimates, tracks spending, reconciles invoices, solicits and evaluates vendor quotes.
* Balances stakeholders' conflicting priorities; negotiates regarding budgets, resources, and scope definition.
* 8+ years of specialized, progressive experience in program and/or project management
* Bachelor Degree
* Experience with multiple system development life cycle methodologies such as Waterfall, Spiral, and Agile
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (desired)
* Formal Agile methodology training or certification (desired)
* Experience developing software applications supporting federal contract acquisition environment (desired)
* Experience with enterprise architecture (EA) frameworks and activities (desired)