OBXtek Inc. is an established award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. OBXtek is a leader in its field and is committed to identifying, developing, and delivering innovative, mission-focused technical and logistical solutions to over 15 civilian and military partners in the Federal Government.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, we possess a robust corporate infrastructure that provides management oversight and support for all our programs. OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO to create processes that leverage best practices and result in novel, successful solutions.
The Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) is an Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) base located on Arnold AFB in Tullahoma, TN with Geographically Separated Units (GSUs) in White Oak , MD and Moffett Field, CA. OBXtek has been contracted to provide Base Communications and Information Technology Services (BCITS), Network Operations (NetOps), Infrastructure, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) implementation and transformation services and solutions to AEDC and AEDC (GSUs).
OBXtek is recruiting professionals to provide network-centric information technology, networking, and security, voice, video and data communications, information and applications management, system solutions services as well as emerging requirements based on the AF Chief Information Officer’s (CIO’s) SOA construct to satisfy all AEDC requirements. This task order shall provide users the capabilities to find, access, collaborate, fuse, display, manage, and store information on the DoD DoDIN. Services provided include Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS), National Security Systems (NSS), intelligence data handling equipment, Command and Control (C2) equipment, Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Wireless LAN (WLAN), secure and non-secure video, voice and data systems, and other mission equipment.
OBXtek is recruiting for a strategic capital planner to support AEDC in making sound IT investments where interoperability within AEDC and its stakeholders is improved and sustainment costs are minimized.
(a) Provides strategic planning of large projects or a significant segment of a strategic planning portion of large complex projects.
(b) Provides the overall approach to clarify mission statements so they can be used as springboards in envisioning their desired future.
(c) Assists in developing mission and vision statements, subsequent goal delineation, provides guidance for building operational plans and specifying measurable outcomes to include capital outlay planning efforts in a consolidated strategic planning process and prioritizes those initiatives.
(d) Assist in preparation of key strategic planning documentation, including OMB Form 300.
Strategic/Capital Planner details:
- Development and implementation of Capital Planning and Information Technology (IT) Investment Strategies.
- Prepare and submit various budget reports and thoroughly understand the demands associated with overseeing and managing a complex portfolio of advanced IT programs/projects.
- Submit compliant documentation in support of AEDC Presidential Budget (PB) and AEDC annual Budget Estimate Submission (BES) financial tracking data and other financial management activities.
Support budget data calls and budget reviews as required.
- Prepare recommendations regarding program objectives, operating schedules, resource requirements, and program plans for inclusion in the PB and BES.
- Ability to create, maintain, status, demonstrate and track associated projects in an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) using a foundation of supporting software such as Excel, WORD, PowerPoint and MS Project, etc.
- Assist with financial input to budget, baseline, milestone and program reviews (PR).
- Must be comfortable in leading various supportive meetings.
- Provide financial analysis in support of on-going and planned programs or projects preparing and submitting budget status reports and monthly actuals – to include support for “what-if” scenarios.
- Give technical analysis support across the broad spectrum of systems engineering needs, including analysis of alternatives for down-selection of feasible system solutions, capability-based assessments, systems integration and systems interoperability analysis, and cost analyses to support decision making via lifecycle cost estimates and cost benefit analyses.
- Other duties as assigned.
The strongest candidates will have experience with:
AEDC Test Mission Support System (ATMSS) ~ Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR) compliance ~ Automated Civil Engineering System (ACES) ~ Oracle Peoplesoft Financials ~ Medium Level Microsoft Project Skillset