OBXtek Inc. is an established award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. OBXtek is a leader in its field and is committed to identifying, developing, and delivering innovative, mission-focused technical and logistical solutions to over 15 civilian and military partners in the Federal Government.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, we possess a robust corporate infrastructure that provides management oversight and support for all our programs. OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO to create processes that leverage best practices and result in novel, successful solutions.
Project Engineer is primarily responsible for supporting our client’s platform with production support, system administration, technical sizing and be involved in the design support for client application systems. Will focus on efficiently, and effectively implementing changes and upgrades to the system and applications. Will proactively maintain and improve the performance and availability of key applications used by the client. Will be working with a team of Systems Engineers and Administrators along with a IT Architect providing daily operational support for a MS Windows based network. Will ensure mission deliverables are timely and accurate while working with the Senior IT Architect and the Data Center Team Lead to ensure resources as required are utilized. Reports to the TFIN Deputy Program Manager.
Project Engineer shall provide support in:
• Preparing status reports of projects as defined by the customer or other government mandates.
• Assistance in preparation of project operations documentation and methods.
• Conferring with and advising client business management on administrative policies and procedures, problems, priorities and methods.
• Support technical leads in ensuring compliance and completion of data required for planned project activities.
• Update and maintain project schedules and analyze monthly reporting in support of the technical staff to ensure milestones and deliverables are achieved.
• Provide assistance to the COR in maintaining contractual compliance including financial data, milestone achievement, and deliverable tracking
• Will assist and perform the planning and implementation of systems upgrades working on-site with the customer as a representative of the clients’ engineering team..
• Support ongoing product development and maintenance projects which include developing, debugging and tuning improvements to the system.
• Provide expert knowledge of Active Directory DC design, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures; DNS, and GPO's.
• Primary Engineer implementing project deliverables
Must hold a current/active Top Secret Clearance with SCI access
You must be a US Citizen and all immediate family members and all members of your household must be US Citizens
- IAT Level 2 certified or higher: Security+, CCNA Security, GSEC or SSCP
- Experience writing functional requirements and preparing functional diagrams
- A minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated professional experience in an IT systems engineering role.
- 2+ years in support of a civilian federal government agency in a TS environment.
- Experience in controlling and monitoring user access to systems
- Demonstrated understanding of federal government agency policies and procedures for datacenter operations and NIST.
- Experience in planning, executing, and maintaining multiple applications and systems
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills
Project Engineer should have the following Skills: