OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning, service disabled veteran owned business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is hiring an Accounts Payable Payroll Supervisor to work in our Tysons Corner Headquarters. This position is responsible for the payroll and accounts payable functions (inclusive of Travel Expense Report Administration) and will assist in the day-to-day accounting and administration requirements needed to ensure payroll and accounts payable transactions are handled effectively and efficiently.
· AP Supervisor: main responsibilities include: Administration and processing of corporate travel policies. Understanding and use of Deltek T&E 9.0 and Costpoint 7.1.1 critical in position success. Understanding of government contracting requirements, FAR, and the JTR is required. General Ledger Account reconciliations. Back up to AP Admin
· As Payroll Supervisor main responsibilities include: oversight of the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for OBXtek. Main backup to Payroll Admin.
Detail Duties and responsibilities:
Supervise the Payroll function and act as a backup when needed. Administers all payroll functions required to execute for bimonthly payroll.
review electronic time cards for reasonableness, accuracy, and adherence to OBXtek policy and follow up with managers as needed to ensure accurate recording of time and leave prior to processing payroll:
· Backup to Payroll Admin -Preparation of required payroll reports for earnings, deductions and taxes etc.
· Coordinates with Human Resources for data hand-offs such as onboarding / offboarding data
· Updates and maintains employee payroll records as needed
· Supports the Controller in month end closing – monthly payroll journal entries.
· Perform monthly account reconciliations.
· Responsible for yearend W-2 accuracy
· Support Controller in yearend audits
· Assist with ad hoc reporting as required
· Maintain indirect workforce groups
Supervise the Accounts Payable function, and act as a back when needed. Administers and executes the accounts payable functions according to company policy.
· Administer Travel Module in Deltek T&E 9.0
· Corporate Card program
· Expense Reports and Travel Advances Processes
· Process daily bank drafts as manual checks in Costpoint
· Processes invoices from vendors, employees, departmental managers etc.
· Review and verify AP packages for proper coding for cost accounting purposes
· Input or review of data into the A/P system and payment processing
· Setup of new vendors when required
· Assist in weekly check runs as needed
· Reconcile monthly Key general ledger accounts
· Assist in month end closing
· Ad hoc reports as need
· Costpoint 7.1.1
· Deltek Time and Expense 9.0
· Mid-level to advance excel skills
· Knowledge of FAR, JTR, GSA, and DOS regulations regarding cost, travel, and employee compensation
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience
· Minimum of three (3) years in a Payroll Department performing all payroll functions
· Minimum of two (2) years in an Accounts Payable function
· Accounting degree preferred;
· Must can maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality of personnel and business information
· Strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to complete projects on schedule and as assigned
· Strong Supervisory Skills
· High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
· Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.