The Multimedia Specialist designs and develops audiovisual, multimedia and graphics projects supporting training projects within the program offices. This position requires the incumbent to work closely with program offices, subject matter experts, multimedia specialists, programmers and instructional designers to design and develop student materials and instructional content that ensure the Office of Technical Security Engineering instructional standards are met.
• Leads or assists in technical projects including local area network connectivity, audio/visual equipment management, visual displays and still and video shooting and editing. This may include simulator operations support;
• Supports project management;
• Supports various program office conference rooms and classroom multimedia equipment;
• Provides video and still camera support for various program offices;
• Provides video and still editing and support for various program offices;
• Researches and collects supporting multimedia materials needed for training development and other program office projects;
• Assists in the connection of networked systems to include multiuser training simulators;
• Acts as simulator operator or simulator participant;
• Supports programs in the layout of artwork, displays, presentations, logos, brochures, posters, signs and various other informational material;
• Supports programs in the development of digital displays and presentations in any required mode;
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new technologies in the graphic art field, video recording, still photo enhancement and audio recordings;
• Maintains and manages document control of all current and revised digital multimedia materials;
• Assembles and operates audiovisual presentation equipment such as digital cameras and LCD projectors;
• Creates audio masters and sound tracks for presentations, DVDs/CD-ROMS and video clips;
• Takes digital photos at course locations, re-touching and formatting photographic images in digital formats for electronic documents for inclusion into course curriculum;
• Sets up and accomplishes DVD/CD disk productions;
• Edits video/audio for course presentations;
• Recommends and advises on program office acquisition of new multimedia equipment and materials;
• Maintains professional competence and specialized knowledge base by keeping abreast of emerging themes and best practices in multimedia and graphics methodology;
• Occasional local travel may be required;
• May work independently on large (100+ hours) projects with little guidance and/or oversee the collaborative work of other specialists;
• Requires infrequent supervision and is expected to work independently according to established policies and accepted practice.
Active Secret Clearance
Bachelor’s degree in computer graphics, multimedia, animation, videography or related field; OR, seven plus (7+) years of demonstrated skilled work in one of the above fields;
• At least five (5) years of relevant work experience, preferably in a training environment;
• Knowledgeable in the use of digital graphics and image editing software, and desktop publishing programs;
• Intermediate knowledge of digital videography including editing and video camera operation;
• Intermediate knowledge of a variety of methods, techniques and materials used in the design;, production and reproduction of visual products;
• Basic understanding of computer gaming systems;
• Intermediate computer software and hardware skills including networks;
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Must be proficient in digital photography and video recording;
• Must be proficient in Windows Professional Operating Systems and/or IOS, particularly, Microsoft applications (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Must be able to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccine to qualify for employment.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.