OBXtek is searching for a Programmer I to be responsible for programming and designing web-based and technology-based enhancements in accordance with an established Instructional Systems Design model and the Office of Technical Security Engineering (TSE) Standard Operating Procedures. This position requires the incumbent to work closely with instructional designers, program offices, subject matter experts, multimedia specialists, and distributed learning designers to design and develop programming that supports lesson content and instructional design ensuring TSE standards are met.
• Supports distributed learning designers and multimedia specialists with object-oriented programming tools;
• Assists distributed learning designers in determining appropriate training platforms;
• Provides support for simulator devices and local network connectivity;
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new technologies in the computer science field and makes recommendations for program improvements;
• Maintains professional competence and specialized knowledge base by keeping abreast of emerging themes and best practices in multimedia and graphics methodology;
• Occasional local travel may be required;
• Employee will require some supervision and has a growing opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, programming or related area;
• At least three (3) years of relevant work experience preferably in a training or education environment;
• Intermediate knowledge of HTML and objected oriented programming;
• Intermediate knowledge of programming software to design and produce interactive multimedia presentations;
• Knowledge of current authoring systems, software and hardware needed to program, such as Lectora and Captivate;
• Knowledge of a variety of methods, techniques and materials used in the design, production, and reproduction of visual products;
• Experience in one or more of the following computer skills: C++, Java Script, Perl, and object oriented languages;
• Experience in an enterprise collaborative tool, such as SharePoint;
• Experience in the use of Adobe CS, Adobe Flash, Visual Basic, 3D Studio Max preferred;
• Experience with mobile applications preferred;
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written and spoken command of the English language;
• Must be proficient in different operating systems, such as the Windows environment.
Covid vaccination is required.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with OBXtek’s vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required and verified before the start of employment unless an exemption applies. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer vaccination requirements which may include any or all the following: mandatory vaccination, mandatory statements regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory testing.