OBXtek is currently staffing for a PKI Encryption Engineer/SME to work in our McLean Headquarters office where OBXtek supports the State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs ISSO. The Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA) has three main areas: American Citizens, Passports, and VISAs. The PKI Encryption Engineer/SME is a member of the Consular Affairs Key Management Infrastructure (CAKMI) Team.
The PKI Encryption Engineer/SME is responsible for creating and managing cryptographic keys on Vormetric Data Security Manager Hardware Security Modules (HSMs). The PKI Encryption Engineer/SME is responsible for providing encryption for Data at Rest. The PKI Encryption Engineer will be the subject matter expert (SME) for encryption on SQL and Oracle databases. The PKI Encryption Engineer/SME will conduct encryption activities as specified within ServiceNow tickets, Change Requests, and Deployment Plans. The PKI Encryption Engineer/SME will also be responsible for creating and documenting processes to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The PKI Encryption Engineer/SME will directly report to the CAKMI Team Lead.
Members of the CAKMI team are charged with managing the encryption keys which are used to encrypt CA’s SBU data at rest.
The PKI Encryption Engineer's individual responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Active Secret Clearance.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
* 5+ years’ experience in Information Technology field as a Sysadmin, Cybersecurity Engineer, etc. OR at least 5 years’ experience (including military IT experience) and at a minimum one current industry-recognized IT security certification, (SEC+, CySA+, CASP, or CISSP).
* Applicant must have experience in both Windows and Linux operating systems.
* Fluent knowledge of IT security as it relates to network, application, and database security throughout the OSI model.
* Fluent knowledge of data encryption.
* Working knowledge of security compliance processes such as NIST 800-37 and 53, FIPS 140-2, and FISMA.
* Experience with HSMs and Vormetric Data Security Platform.
* Proficient writing, communication, and problem solving abilities.
* Working knowledge of Agile SDLC processes.
* Working knowledge of the Change Management process.
* Working knowledge of RMF
* Familiarity and experience with Dept of State processes and policies.
* CASP and/or CISSP certification.
* Linux+ certification
* Scrum or Agile certifications
* ITIL other ITSM certifications such as ServiceNow.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with OBXtek’s vaccination policy. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer vaccination requirements which may include any or all the following: social distancing, masks, mandatory statements regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory testing.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.