OBXtek is currently staffing for an Information Systems Security Officer III, Senior-Level to support the Department of Homeland Security in Washington, DC.
The responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Applies extensive knowledge of a variety of the Cybersecurity field’s concepts, practices, and procedures to ensure the secure integration and operation of all systems.
• Applies extensive experience with the implementation of the NIST SP 800 family of publications, particularly those associated with NIST’s Risk Management Framework and FedRAMP.
• Applies extensive specialized knowledge of financial audit standards, classified system IA requirements and Privacy Act requirements.
• Applies extensive experience with evaluating system, network, or infrastructure security controls against requirements such as FISMA, FIPS, and NIST guidelines.
• Applies extensive knowledge and experience with all of the following criteria:
• Vulnerability scanning execution, assessment, and analysis
• Operating system and network knowledge (i.e., Local Area Networks [LAN] and Wide Area Networks [WAN])
• Information security and assurance principles (e.g., Defense-in-depth) and associated supporting technologies
• Application security, database security, and network security
Active Top Secret clearance.
Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to create clear observations, analysis and conclusions based on customer interviews and data.
Education and Certifications:
• No Degree: 10 years of Cybersecurity & Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) experience
• Bachelor’s degree: 8 years of Cybersecurity & FISMA experience
• Master’s degree: 6 years of Cybersecurity & FISMA experience
Must possess one of the following professional security certifications:
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with OBXtek’s vaccination policy. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer vaccination requirements which may include any or all the following: social distancing, masks, mandatory statements regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory testing.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.